PDA

View Full Version : pack and play sheets

neeleymartin
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Baby is due in june. not sure if we should register for quilted pack and play sheets or regular plain ones. any opinions either way apprectiated.

thanks, neeley

ajmom
01-29-2007, 01:26 AM
DD is currently sleeping in a PNP next to our bed. I always had the regular sheets for the boys b/c that's all I could ever find-didn't know they made quilted ones. And the boys didn't sleep in it too much. But the regular ones are VERY thin. Sounds like quilted might be a better way to go. Personally. we bought a foam mattress and cut it to fit over the PNP mattress for extra comfort b/c that thing is just like sleeping on a board. And since DD sleeps there every night, I wanted it to be as comfy as safely possible. So the regular ones are fine again! :)

sidmand
01-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I haven't heard very good reviews of the quilted ones. I think it was that they shrunk? I actually never ended up with the Graco ones and bought either Fleece Baby ones or from other sites that sold Pack n Playsheets and have been very happy with those. If they need to be something you can register for, I think the plain ones are the way to go.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

lpl47
01-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Kushies makes great flannel sheets for the pack n' play. The regular Graco sheets are quite thin and if I recall they don't have elastic they fit more like a pillowcase.

SpaceGal
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I recently got a quilted pack and play sheet from Target during their clearance. It is really soft. I haven't used it yet since it's for our new baby due in March. I also haven't washed so I can't tell you how it washes...but from what I can tell, it should be nice and comfy for baby. It does fit on our Baby Trend Pack and Play well and gives the mattress more cushion since you know how filmsy they are to begin with.

I'm sure it requires some "special" washing thing...like cold water and not super high heat drying but otherwise it's nothing out of the ordinary. The sheet got good reviews on the Target web site too.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1170201451/ref=sr_1_1/602-7935223-2204660?ie=UTF8&asin=B000COUO8W

I guess for a baby in June, I'm not sure if it would be too warm...but I guess you can use it for cushioning and then put a plain cotton sheet over it or a receiving blanket tucked and pinned over it if that makes any sense. We're in the NorthEast so I'm more concerned about something being warm since summers are not long here.

Hope this helps.

Tondi G
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
we have this sheet too! Ours is the green color. It's fleece and quilted and makes our graco pack n play so much cozier! I highly recommend it!

~Tondi

josiesmom
01-31-2007, 07:16 AM
We have the mr bobbles blankets (www.mrbobblesblankets.com) PNP sheets. They are very cute, and made of thick, soft flannel. They fit like a pillowcase, so you don't have to worry about them coming loose. Great customer service! The only downside is it would be a challenge to get these on a registry...Good luck!

AddiesMom
01-31-2007, 07:21 AM
Just an FYI... if you have a PNP with a quilted cover over the board (mine does, the old Colby pattern from BRU), the Mr Bobbles sheet does not fit over it :(

josiesmom
01-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Wow, i didn't realize there were different types of PNP mattresses. I have the sunny safari and mocha ones and both are fine with the mr. bobbles sheets--i guess i was lucky :)

hillview
01-31-2007, 08:23 AM
We always used the basic (thin) ones. DS didn't seem to care.
/hillary

DrSally
01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
We have the green Eddie Bauer quilted fleece PNP sheet from Target. We used it every day for 5.5 months while DS was in the bassinet portion of the PNP, and still use it when he is in the regular part. I just washed and dried it with everything else and it fits fine. I like that it has elastic everywhere, whereas, like pp stated the reg pnp sheet doesn't and can come off on the long sides, I found. I also think they are kinda scratchy and cold IMO.

neeleymartin
01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
a friend who is also pregnant added a quilted waterproof pnp mattress cover to her registry. i think that i will do the same and keep plain non-quilted sheets. ds will get the comfort with added waterproof protection.

thanks for all your help.
neeley