PDA

View Full Version : Lego duplo or quatro?

maxineLee
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Which do you prefer for a 1 yr old - lego duplo or quatro? I am thinking of getting DD a basic set and not sure which one to get? Are there other building blocks you'd recommend?

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Haven't played with the Quatros but we liked MegaBloks more than Duplos. They stayed together better. But, the Duplos did get played with too. :)

Beth

traciann
01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
we have quatros...mainly because I heard the megablocks didn't stay together as well. My 21 month old DD has just really started to enjoy playing with them. When I think DD is ready for more, i will buy duplos.

Radosti
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
My DS loves his MegaBlocs.

kelly ann
01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Which ones are the biggest - quatro? Anyway, I would go with the duplo if they are the mid-size version of lego (not quatro if that is the largest). My DD was putting together the duplos at around 15 months old. I think the larger quatro takes up too much space and will be outgrown quicker - Just my two cents :)

sue_g
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
I would recommend the duplos too.

SpaceGal
01-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I recommend the duplos too. I got DS them around when he was 18 months...he's pretty good with them now...putting them together and taking them apart.

Plus I like that the duplos will work with legos. I heard I never really tried but the quatros don't fit as tightly together. I never did like mega bloks much...just because I grew up with legos myself and feel they are just better made.

jgriffin
01-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Duplos will work with Quatros (or at least that's what our Quatro box says).

We have a basic Quatro block set (which we bought for E's 1st bday), but he still hasn't shown too much interest in building with them. He is very interested in taking apart what I build, and in putting the blocks back in the bin, though. :) Any subsequent sets we get will be Duplo.

KrystalS
01-31-2007, 10:17 AM
My DD has both sets, she got the Quatros for her 1st bday and she just got the duplos for xmas. She likes playing with the quatros better. She can do both sets well by herself, I think she just likes the Quatros better because she can stack them higher.

brilliance2
02-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I use the duplo and my 18 month old loves them!

Natalie