PDA

View Full Version : childs table and chairs

maxineLee
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
my dd will be 1 next month and i am thinking about getting her a child size table and chairs. Do you think she is too little? Are there any tables/chairs that you would recommend? I am looking for one that is not too expensive. Has anyone had good experience with IKEA?

BeachBum
02-03-2007, 08:22 AM
We got one for DS when he was 15 months. We have had it just about 2 mo, and he doesn't use it quite as much as we thought. It might be a nice "big gift" if you are looking for something to give. But my advice would be to wait until you find just the right one as it may not get a lot of use right away.

KAK22
02-03-2007, 09:50 AM
DD had a set from JoAnn's (lawn furniture) before she was 6mos. As soon as she could crawl (10mos) she loved it.

I have the IKEA round plastic table, 2 chairs and 2 stools in my classroom. They have withstood Kdg, 1st and 2nd graders for 5 years with very few problems.

katydid1971
02-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I have the Ikea set that is unfininished wood with two chairs. I spray painted it "bistro blue" and I get so many compliments. DS got it at one and we first put out the chairs but soon discovered he would use the chairs to climb on top of the table (DS is half monkey and climbs everything) so we put the chairs away for about 6 months, now he uses them the correct way. I use it to have my "toddler buffet" on all the time (bowls of cheerios, raisin, cut grapes, etc) plus ds and I have lunch at it often and sit at it to put his puzzles together. It is used constantly. I would recomend it. I just went to the Ikea website, this is the set we have. I liked it better than the plastic set (although I thought they were nice too) because I could paint it to match the decor in our house. FYI You have to paint it because the unfinished wood begins to look very bad if left untreated (it sat unpainted at our house for a couple weeks and started to get stains.)
Hope that helps.
Sarah

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15567&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=15601&langId=-1&categoryId=15668&chosenPartNumber=87474709

katydid1971
02-04-2007, 01:38 PM
sorry double post

katydid1971
02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
sorry double post