PDA

View Full Version : Good night light?

lpl47
01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Any recommendations for a good night light for our bathroom? We're about ready to do away with diapers at nighttime... but we need a night light for the bathroom that's not too bright that it hurts tired eyes, but bright enough so my son can see the toilet when he has to go early in the morning!

Thanks

sdbc
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
We have this in DD's room. They also have a star and a moon shape.
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15567&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=53034&langId=-1&chosenPartNumber=00097950

lpl47
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. We actually have the star in DS' room, only we use it as a "wake-up light" rather than a night light. I saw a segment on the Today Show about getting early risers to stay in bed a little later and they suggested putting a night light on a timer and setting it to go ON at certain time in the morning and teaching your toddler to stay in bed until the wake up light goes on. Well, we decided to use the star wall light instead of a night light and it has worked great. We've been doing it a little over a week, and it has worked all but 1 morning! Maybe I'll get the moon and put that in the bathroom as a night light.

Thanks again.

sdbc
01-30-2007, 08:17 AM
It is a little bright for tired eyes, but all the night lights are 4 watt, and it's not enough, imo, for seeing in the bathroom. I'd love to find a 10 watt, but no luck so far. (the ikea is 25w)