PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have problems with their DC's "Story Reader"?

julieakc
01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
DS has a Story Reader Book, which he's had for about 1 1/2 years now. He's played with it occassionally since he received it (we only have the one Nemo book that came with it), but over the last couple of months he's been reading it A LOT.

The other day it wasn't working and I just assumed it needed new batteries, so DH changed the batteries but told me that wasn't the problem. I read some reviews on Amazon that mention problems, but it seems like those reviewers had problems early on (as though they received a defective one right from the start), whereas ours has always been fine up until now.

If it weren't for the fact that A) DS seems quite fond of it now and B) MIL already bought him a 3 pack of books for his upcoming BD I'd be inclined to just get rid of it, but I guess now I need to buy a replacement.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience and perhaps there's something else I need to do (fiddle with something inside) to make it work again. I'm also wondering if it's the book itself or the story cartridge, but since we only have the one book I can't test another cartridge. :-(

TIA,