PDA

View Full Version : Need gift help

buddyleebaby
01-29-2007, 06:28 PM
nak

I need to bring some things for relatives in South America and I have no idea what to get-

keep in mind it must fit in a suitcase.

I need for a
6 year old boy
8.5 year old boy
11 year old girl

thanks for all suggestions!

shilo
01-30-2007, 01:33 AM
i'll try and remember to ask my spinning instructor and his wife at class this week, they are from brazil.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

ctmom
01-30-2007, 10:58 AM
The boys that I know in that age group are into bionicales and pokemon cards. Do you know if the 11 yo girl has any hobbies? Maybe some books, knitting stuff or sewing??

hth!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

BaileyBea
01-30-2007, 11:29 AM
How about NY things like Yankee t's or cool NY t-shirts for the boys. A fun purse for the tween.

Nancy

WooChx
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
My mom lived in Uruguay and having visited S.A. a few times I can safely say that ALL the products that we take for granted are hard to find. If I could open a Target in S.A. I would be a billionaire!!

I would get anything that is name brand and just typical American kid stuff. Things like boardgames (Operation, Connect 4, Hungry Hippos), Bratz, hot wheels, Heely wheels sneakers. Basically anything sold at Toys-R-Us.

tiapam
01-31-2007, 01:02 AM
The girl would probably love some jewelry. Or how about watches for any or all of them?

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

shilo
02-02-2007, 12:18 AM
ok, so my instructor (well, mostly his darling wife ana) said the following:

like pp said, all the popular things here might be available there, but cost 4x as much.

hot wheels cars/sets, leggo kits, the shoes with the wheels in the heels if you can get their shoe sizes for the boys. small radio controlled car for the 8 year old was also a suggestion, as well as logo/character dishes/lunch box for the 6 year old.

gap, guess and levi's were suggested "would love to have" clothing brands for either boys or girls. but really, anything that 'looks american'. ana suggested hitting the ross junior's section for the 11year old. she said things like tunic tops and trendy Tshirts with slogans would go over well.

a fancy wallet or purse like xoxo or something trendy in bright colors that a pre-teen would love, sunglasses, lip gloss, and those kits for crocheting your own scarf, etc. (like at michaels) were her suggestions.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.