PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Train humidifier at Target

teddy
01-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Does anyone have this? What do you think of it? It's a cool mist humidifier with a nightlight. I bought it because we need one for the kids' room, but it was $45! The cute frog one was cheaper, and so was the Hello Kitty one. Just wondering what your experience has been.

Oh, does it need/use a filter? I couldn't tell from the package.

nupe
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
We have it. No filters. Cute design--the steam comes out of Thomas's chimney. Night light is handy too. It's too complicated for a child to refill--the plastic doesn't feel super strong and you have to turn the tank over, unscrew the lid, and refill it under a tub spout--doesn't fit into my sink. Seems to work well. We have hard water--and a softener, so I don't know if we will see calcium powder around the room or not, as others note with nonfilter humidifiers. I agree it is pricey, but the cuteness factor is worth it since DS loves loves loves trains.

Nupe

Tondi G
01-30-2007, 07:18 PM
we have the Crane Frog humidifier... got it at Target. It doesn't take filters, it's pretty easy to fill and the vapor is cool. We like it! No experience with the Thomas one but I believe they sell it at Bed Bath and Beyond so you might be able to use one of those 20% off coupons for one!

~Tondi

JBaxter
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I looked at it at BB&B and theirs was 49.99. We got the elephant one :)

teddy
01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Well I decided to use it tonight. I thought about returning it and getting the Vicks Vaporizer that was mentioned in the Lounge (because it was cheap!). But I am worried about the hot steam.

Kids seem to like it. It's a new amusement to look at at night. Thanks for the input, everyone :)

lhk777
01-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Just in case anyone is looking for one...

I purchased the Hello Kitty humidifier at Toys R Us for $29.99.
They also had a ton of Thomas humidifiers for the same price. They were in the clearance section. I bought this last weekend.

teddy
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Oh GREAT! I guess I shouldn't "impulse buy" before checking here first! ;)