PDA

View Full Version : Re: Modeling

cindys
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Has anyone ever had their baby model?

Cindy

teddy
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Neither of my children model but DH was a child model when he lived in New York and I know his mom had to drag him all over the city for work. She was able to do it because at the time, he was an only child, she didn't work outside of the home, and public transportation made it easier.

From what I understand, it's a huge commitment.

cindys
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your response..I want to look into it but have no idea where to start.

Cindy

omgrown
01-31-2007, 07:26 AM
I had Gavin signed up with an agency for a little while. PM me if you want more info. I got tired of dragging him around to huge cattle-call go-sees, but I can give you the names of some agencies and a run-down of what to expect if you'd like!

pinkmomagain
01-31-2007, 09:10 AM
I was just talking with my sitter about this. She said that she once sat for a really sweet child and his mom started getting him modeling jobs. He was a baby and become a very difficult child. She would drag him all over, having to wake him up from naps to go to jobs etc and my sitter felt it really changed him for the worse. From what I understand if you start to get calls, you can't be to picky about turning jobs down, if you start to say "no" (let's say because you only want to take your child on an occassional call) they stop calling you. This is not first hand experience, but it may be something to think about.

Gina