PDA

View Full Version : Big Ball like at My Gym?

jamsmu
01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Anyone know where to get one? DS loves climbing on it and pushing it around. Its like a super big yoga ball.

thx

elliput
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Check the exercise equipment aisle at Target. I recall seeing some there recently.

shilo
01-31-2007, 03:33 AM
how big are you looking for? the standard 'yoga' sized ball (45-55cm) can be found at target, tjmaxx, even borders sells them bundled with a book. target used to carry three sizes (45, 55 and 65, based on weight/height of user, but you could see if the largest size is big enough for what you're looking for), and i've seen them at sport mart sold this way before too. if it's bigger than that, then they probably got it from a specialty catalog. we get them in all different sizes for therapy. you can find them easily online by searching for 'swiss ball' (generic) or 'theraball' (theraband brand name), 'gymnic' (brand name). they come as big as 95cm i think. you can also get them as a 'roll' shape which is fun for kids. last thought, my little gym has the small sized 'slo mo' balls, and i know the company makes big ones i see in therapy catalogs all the time. so if it's got kind of a 'sticky' soft texture to it rather than a slick vinyl texture of a 'yoga' ball, the ball they have may be one of the big 'slo mo' balls. here's a link with all three kinds:
http://www.sammonspreston.com/Supply/Product-List.asp?Subsection=1461

ETC: spelling.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

omgrown
01-31-2007, 07:20 AM
i've seen them at Marshall's and TJMaxx sometimes packaged with a yoga mat. Or any sporting goods store should have them with the yoga, stretching, hand weights, that kind of stuff.

jamsmu
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks!! I think they have the Gymnic at DS's gym. They're all over e-bay, so I may start bidding.