PDA

View Full Version : Ikea in my area doesn't have it in stock

TwinsItIs
01-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Is there any way that I can get an item that's not in stock the Ikea in my area, but they only sell it in stores? Do stores ship them? I really really need these baskets:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=74344&langId=-1&categoryId=15646&chosenPartNumber=40085634

I got two of the blue baskets a while back, thinking I'll come back for more. But they're out of it. I need blues and yellows and just don't know how I can find them.

Thanks

omgrown
01-31-2007, 07:24 AM
I just checked the stock online at the 3 stores nearest to me and they're all out of stock so maybe the item was discontinued. Maybe check ebay. I know there's a whole business where people buy Ikea items to resell on ebay to people that don't live near one and don't want to pay the crazy shipping costs.

Maria K
01-31-2007, 03:36 PM
You probably won't like my answer, but stores generally won't ship. But there are a couple of stores that are franchise that bend the rules... try Seattle and Houston. IKEA sells out of stuff all the time... don't take that as an indicator that it's being discontinued... esp. wicker. It comes into the store in HUGE quantities and then it's a long time before more come in.
Otherwise, like PP said, Ebay is your best bet. Or call in a favor from a friend who lives in another IKEA city. :)
Good luck.
- Maria

TwinsItIs
01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Thank you.

Ebay doesn't have them. I might try some Ikeas and have them shipped. I need at least 4-6 of these in two colors, so my best bet would be to have one of the stores ship them.

Thanks for your suggestions.