PDA

View Full Version : Recs for Play Tunnels

juliasmom05
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I tried to do a search, but the boards are too slow, and I gave up. I'm looking for recommendations for play tunnels. DD just played in one today, and absolutely loved it. I want one strong enough so that I can lift her in it and swing her (if that makes any sense).

In the limited searching that I was able to do this morning, Costco was mentioned quite a bit. Unfortunately we don't have one, so that is out.

So what's everybody's favorite and what is the best place to buy one?

TIA

Marci

bluestar2
02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
We have the Costco Ryan's Room tunnel and the Ikea one. Both are nice but I would recommend the Ikea one if you will be swinging her in it as it seems to be made of sturdier material. I also like that the wire seems to be a bit more padded.

jwozy
02-03-2007, 01:46 AM
We bought one from Ikea and it's quite durable and reasonable priced.

katydid1971
02-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Here's another vote for the Ikea one. If you don't have Ikea near you (and I'm guessing you don't if you don't even have costco near) try Target in their children's garden section. I'm not sure how strong it is but they do have a great return policy with receipt. Hope that helps.

juliasmom05
02-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the Ikea recs. Unfortunately, no Costco, no Ikea. But, we are driving to NYC in a few weeks, so now I'll have an excuse to stop at Ikea.

ETA: couldn't pass up a bargain and ended up getting a tunnel and tent for 9.98 at target.

Marci

newnana
02-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Sorry, I wasn't on over the weekend but was going to recommend this. We have one from Target that zips into itself for storage. It looks like a crocodile. It was in with their spring stuff last year. They also had a caterpillar, but ran out of those before I could go. We love this tunnel.

Enjoy!!
Michelle

brilliance2
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I bought the Ikea one today and it is perfect for my 18 month old. It seems like it may not work for too long because the diameter seems small to me, but for $18 how could I resist!

As long as I don't climb through it I'm okay!!!

Natalie