PDA

View Full Version : ISO Garbage truck song

rlu
02-05-2007, 01:31 AM
DS is requesting I sing him a song about a garbage truck. This doesn't mean he's ever heard one, he just loves garbage trucks right now. Anyone know any songs about garbage trucks?

SnuggleBuggles
02-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Can't think of any songs but wanted to recommend the book "I Stink" by McMillan (sp?). It is a wonderful book all about a garbage truck and it comes in board book and regular book form. (It may be a tad crude for soe people so read through it first to see what you think.)

Beth

rlu
02-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the book rec.

shilo
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
ok, i have two ideas for you...
one easily adaptable song might be 'i've been working on the railroad"

something like -
i've been working on the garbage truck, all the live long day,
i've been working on the garbage truck just to pass the time away.
don't you hear the garbage crunching, off to the dump it goes...
don't you hear the truck-a rumbling, hauling off the trash.

hauling off the trash
hauling off the trash
hauling off the tra-a-ash
hauling off the trash
hauling off the trash
hauling off the trash.

the garbage man's collecting up the big trash cans,
and-a-dumping them into the big ole tru-uck
the garbage man's collecting up the trash cans
and off to the dump it goes!

and singing fee fi fiddle -e -i -o
fee fi fiddle -e -i -o -o -o -o
fee fi fiddle -e -i -o
off in the garbage truck trash goes!

the other song that might be easy would be to make verses for 'the wheels on the bus' tune that relate to a garbage truck...
(you could of course still use the wheels go round and round, the horn goes beep beep beep, the doors go open and shut, the wipers go swish swish swish, etc).

something like
"the compactor on the truck goes crunch crunch crunch"
"the garbage man on the truck says "hauling off the trash, hauling off the trash, hauling off the trash"
"the scooper on the truck goes scoop scoop scoop" if your garbage truck has a scoop
"the bucket on the truck goes dump dump dump" if your gargabe truck has a dumping componeent.
you get the idea.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

bethie_73
02-05-2007, 11:26 PM
one of the little people cds I have has one... but I don't know where I put the case. I will look for it, but I think its on the "things that go" one

rlu
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow, I'm going to print this out so I can learn it - thanks for all the verse ideas. I'd thought of using the bus song and really like the idea of converting the railroad song.

The yard waste truck scoops and then dumps, and the recycling and garbage trucks dump so we get all kinds of loud manuevors to watch. Whenever DS hears the trucks he starts yelling and running around the house until he finds me - I have to make sure I get dressed first thing Tuesday morning since we run out pell-mell to see the trucks as they go down our street (yes the recycle man has seen me in my pjs with unbrushed hair-eek!)

rlu
02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks, I did a search on Amazon and didn't come up with any songs except one by Incubus which I don't think is what we're headed for.

Jada2929
02-06-2007, 01:52 PM
My friend has a Scholastic video that she got at TJ Maxx, it's got the story Trashy Town on it, which is adorable. It's got a really catchy jingle to it.
Here is the book: http://www.amazon.com/Trashy-Town-Andrea-Zimmerman/dp/0060271396
And the movie, which also has Chicka Chicka on it:http://www.amazon.ca/Scholastic-Video-Collection-Chicka-Boom/dp/B00006CY4Q

JTsMom
02-06-2007, 02:02 PM
yep- it's ds's favorite! :)

The garbage truck is here, The garbage truck is here
I see the sanitation workers standing on the rear!

People have a funny waym of making garbage everyday
BAM BANG CRASH!
We pick up all the trash

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod2590227&CATID=100828&skuid=sku2589664&V=G&ec=frgl_590402

they also sell them @ Walmart

rlu
02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Cool, just added the book to DS's amazon list for his b-day. Thanks for the suggestions.

rlu
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Perfect! No Walmarts nearby but I've several Walgreens around here.

DS and I play this game where he gives me a topic and I sing him a song about it - so far I've made up a song about a "big big plane" since I couldn't remember the words to John Denver's Jet Plane but otherwise I've surprised us both a few times with songs that are on target. It's amazing how words to songs you've learned over the years come back to you.

oneplustwo
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I second the Trashy Town book and song! I just got the Scholastic DVD from our library earlier this week as we love many of the books on it, like Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. My three kids dance around to the Trashy Town song when they watch it. It's quite catchy, and very easy to sing (there's a lot of repetition, and what toddler or preschooler doesn't love that?). The garbage man travels around the town picking up trash . . . "Dump it in, pack it down, drive around the trashy town."

Best,
Anne
mom to DD, 8/01 and DS1 and DS2, 11/03

startingover
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I do not know a song but I just got a book, "I stink" for DS, which is about a garbage truck. I do not like reading the book but DS does and it was favored by some on this book.