PDA

View Full Version : Valentines questions

stephiejw
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
My ds goes to daycare 2 days a week. At what age does valentines become a big thing in classrooms? I am trying to figure out if I need to do something for his "classmates". He will not be there on Valentine's Day. What is normal practice for the toddler age group? thanks.

Stephanie
mother to Trevor
17 months

michlyn
02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Last year DD was in pre-toddler room and got 1 valentine - I brought some for all the kids and staff. This year, she's in a toddler room where they encourage you to bring valentines for the kids as they are having a valentines party. They gave us a list of the names of the toddlers - and not all of them are full time but on Wednesday I will send DD to school with Valentines for all of her classmates.

Also we attend a parent/child class for toddlers , and they said to bring in valentines for the kids - so I would go for it!

michlyn
02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Last year DD was in pre-toddler room and got 1 valentine - I brought some for all the kids and staff. This year, she's in a toddler room where they encourage you to bring valentines for the kids as they are having a valentines party. They gave us a list of the names of the toddlers - and not all of them are full time but on Wednesday I will send DD to school with Valentines for all of her classmates - even the ones that are not there that day .

Also we attend a parent/child class for toddlers , and they said to bring in valentines for the kids - so I would go for it!

michlyn
02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Last year DD was in pre-toddler room and got 1 valentine - I brought some for all the kids and staff. This year, she's in a toddler room where they encourage you to bring valentines for the kids as they are having a valentines party. They gave us a list of the names of the toddlers - and not all of them are full time but on Wednesday I will send DD to school with Valentines for all of her classmates - even the ones that are not there that day .

michlyn
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM

danagee
02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
DS goes 2 days/week too. They're having a little party but I haven't gotten any word on whether or not to do cards.
Check out the following post, though. I love the idea and am going to try and make either a set of these or just one heart crayon for each kid in his class, just for fun!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=38898&mode=full&page=

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

danagee
02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
DS goes 2 days/week too. They're having a little party but I haven't gotten any word on whether or not to do cards.
Check out the following post, though. I love the idea and am going to try and make either a set of these or just one heart crayon for each kid in his class, just for fun!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=38898&mode=full&page=

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

traciann
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
my dd is 21 months and goes twice a week also. they are having a valentines party on wed. its basically just lunch and everyone signed up to bring something. we also had to bring in boxes for them to decorate and then 9 valentines on the day. dd doesn't attend on wed, but her teacher asked if she could come, so i am going to bring her in for the party.

scoop22
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
ds goes to a babysitter two days a week. we are making a big cookie in the shape of a heart. i might pick up a few treats but nothing big. i am not doing valentines b/c ds could care less.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png