PDA

View Full Version : Swings, need suggestions

Nooknookmom
02-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I pretty much have all the *gear* I think I need - picked out in my head (well except strollers) but I can't find a swing.

Are there any other brands out there besides Graco & Fisher Price? A lot of them just don't look stable. We have two large dogs that I don't want to run by and topple the swing over. Of course I wouldn't leave baby alone but still I worry (dog chases cat thru house).

W/ DD 1 I had some Graco model and it was rickety and the seat was so hard.

TIA

BaileyBea
02-10-2007, 01:40 AM
We love our Aquarium Swing. Expensive but worth every penny for us.

Nancy

cindys
02-11-2007, 09:43 AM
We LOVE our FP Papasan swing!!

Cindy

gina
02-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a graco and If I was going to do it over I would get a Papasan. My baby did not like to be left in it so i would only put her in if she was already asleep. It was hard to get her in the graco bc of the tall sides. I think I may have been more successful with the papasan. We really did not use our swing much.
Gina E

DD 15 yr Jade
DD 11 mo Olivia

tarynsmum
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Also recommending the FP Papasan swing. I think they really are very stable, I just would place it so that the back is against a wall, or next to the couch or a chair, so that there is less of a reason for one of the dogs to "go through" it, if that makes sense. I would actually go for the FP swing, because the base seems a little wider to me, and the dogs would be less likely to topple it, if they had the chance.

neeleymartin
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
we have a dog like that too and a very small house. we decided to get the snugglider by graco. it sits low to the ground. you put your snugride carseat in it (provided that it's the seat you have). I am sure that it might fit other seats, but i would email graco for sure, before you decide. that forms the seat. no toys on it, but has vibrate and sounds. looked great to us and seems portable. low to the ground as well, not sure a dog could even make it fall over.

here is the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2583976&cp

good luck.
neeley

Nooknookmom
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok, I'll have to ck out the Papasan and snugglider. Thanks for all the suggestions!

hudsonam
02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
We had the FP Aquarium Swing, and for the next baby, I'll probably get a Graco swing. Mainly because the FP swing died. We had a lot of trouble with ours being wobbly, and the motor eventually died. I heard other people having the same problem with the motor. It was also huge and heavy and a pain to move around. Every time we moved it we'd have to fool around with the legs until it was standing just so, so it wouldn't wobble, which is always did anyway. I think mine was a lemon, but it was the bane of our existence for a while. Everyone I know who has gotten a regular Graco swing lately has been totally happy with it. Plus I think they're cheaper. :)