PDA

View Full Version : FP Fun 2 Learn Laughtop

wilelm
02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Does anybody have a review or opinion on this? Or any other children's "computer?" I'm looking into one for Miriam's 4th birthday next month.

TIA!

Sheila

jwozy
02-13-2007, 01:16 PM
My parents gave the kids each one several months ago and both seemed to really enjoy it. My ds who will be 3 in May just figured out how to use the mouse that is attached to play the game and loves it. My dd, will only go get hers when she sees her brother playing with his. I don't think it's truly a computer if you were looking for one that functions like one but more like a mini-looking computer that has games, music and such on it.

mtrattner
02-13-2007, 04:44 PM
DD is almost 2 1/2 and loves it!! Daddy works from home and he has a laptop so she needed her own. She can't play the game but she loves the letters and music part. She is really in to learning her letters right now though so it is great. We looked at them all and it seemed to be the best on the market. DD calls it her "lap puter" and drags it all over. I am not sure about older children but it is great for our age!

JBaxter
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Nathan go it for christmas and by Jan he KNEW HIS ALPHABET. He also loves the maze are. I was SO suprised at how quickly he mastered it. It is one of they few toys that keeps him occupied for 20 - 30 minutes at a time.

vikivoly
02-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I have it for my 2 year old and it's one of her favorite toys. I think it's because she sees me use my laptop though. Honestly, I think it's too young for a 4 year old. My 4 year old has played with it from time to time, but it doesn't hold her interest and she's loves to play on a real computer and with her Leapster.

wilelm
02-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks, Vicki. I was getting the same impression--that she's probably too old for it.

The search goes on....

Sheila

cstack
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I have one made by V-Tech that I bought for my now 17-year-old when he was about 4. It's been through 3 kids now, and is still going strong. It was pretty much the forerunner to this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2340839&cp=2255956.2273442.2255964.2440527&view=all&parentPage=family

(I hope that worked)

The one we have has more of a touch ball than a mouse. The Nitro also looks neat, but may be too high for your DD as it's ages 6 and up. These have built-in learning activities. The graphics aren't great, but the games that are built into ours were both educational and fun.

wilelm
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Carla, I think I'm going to go with that one! I love that it looks like my laptop. I think she'll really like it.

Sheila