PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? Keep play kitchen in family room or move to playroom? Please help!

DAKnits
02-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I have to decide this today! I am having the floors polished and I can get the guys to move this if I decide I'm going to move it out of our family room.

I am in the process of cleaning out and reorganizing. We have decided to move DH's office desk and equipment out of the room it's in now, and move all of DD's toys from the family room in there so we can have an adult family room. Her toys have truly taken over the room.

I still plan to put a kids table and chairs in the family room in the space where the bulk of her toys were so DD can eat with her friends, and *maybe* keep a few coloring books and crayons/markers in the "new" adult family room, but nothing else.

Should I keep the play kitchen in the family room with the play food, and have the kids table and chairs in front of it, or should I move everything out of the family room completely, and just have a kids table and chairs for eating in the family room and nothing else?

I hang out in the family room a lot, and I was thinking I would want DD to have something to play with, but I don't want to have every room in the house full of toys either (right now, she has a playroom upstairs, toys in her room, and will have a "new" playroom downstairs).

What do you all think?

C99
02-15-2007, 09:49 AM
>or should I move everything out of the family room completely,
>and just have a kids table and chairs for eating in the family
>room and nothing else?

This is what I would do if I wanted a truly "adult" family room. Our playroom and living room are only 3 feet away from each other. We store all the toys in the playroom (except the playkitchen, which is in the kitchen), but they make it into the living room on a daily basis.

DAKnits
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I followed this advice and moved everything into the playroom ... our family room and playroom are pretty far from each other, but I plan on putting a small loveseat in the playroom for adult seating so it's comfortable. The amazing thing is, my daughter is actually playing sooooo much more with her toys now that they are moved. I still have to clean out the room b/c it was basically my husband's office/storage so there are a million things all over the place, and add a loveseat, but she can get to everything so much easier!