PDA

View Full Version : Wedgits and Magna Tiles

KrisM
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm thinking of getting one or both for DS's 3rd birthday in April.

First opinions? Is one better than the other?

Second, how small are the Wedgits pieces? DD will be 11 months then and still putting things in her mouth. I'm thinking of these 2 items rather than Legos, just based on size, but I haven't found how big the Wedgits are.

Thanks!

Edited to fix spelling.

willow33
02-17-2007, 02:06 PM
We just gave our son Magna-tiles for his 4th bday this month and they are a HUGE hit! Even our 21 month old is asking to play with them. I don't know much about Wedgits, but I don't think you can go wrong with Magna-tiles. I wish I had purchased them sooner!

AngelaS
02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
My girls (and dh and I!) love Wedgits and have had a lot of fun with them. The smallest pieces do fit in their mouths tho.

C99
02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
No experience w/ Wedgits, but my kids LOVE Magna-Tiles. We have 3 sets. DS got his first set at 2, and my DD has been playing with them since she could sit up on her own.

KrisM
02-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Where do you buy your Magna Tiles? How big of a set is a good minimum?

thanks.

C99
02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Although the company is based in a Chicago suburb, my brother and SIL actually bought DS his first set. I bought one at a local toy store and my MIL got the third set at the gift shop of the children's museum where she volunteers. The company's web site has a store finder: http://www.magnatiles.com/retail2.asp

willow33
02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
I actually bought the 100-piece set on ebay. I think the ebay seller's name was Prismtoys. Although expensive I'm glad I bought the bigger set as both boys can play together and still make great towers/houses :)

I think there is going to be a magna-tiles co-op in the next month or two if you can wait. Check out the yahoo group if you are interested.

HTH!

justlearning
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd like to be in on that co-op! What's the yahoo group that you're referring to?