PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat color help -- blueberry?

suomi
02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

We just received a cherry kinderzeat. It was much darker than on the website we looked at, and doesn't go with our table and chairs. I was thinking of getting the blueberry instead, but the two pics posted on earlier threads look very different. One looks like a cobalt, the other like a light blue. Another picture I have seen looks very vibrant. Can someone please describe the color?

Also, have you had any problems with the paint chipping? That was the major reason I was trying to get "wood color".

Thanks so much! This is a big expense and I want to get it right!!!

mom2emma
02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I "think" we have a blueberry kinderzeat. We bought it when living in Europe at a store so I didn't really pay attention to the color names. The one we have is a lighter blue not too vibrant. I love the color! We have had absolutely no problems with the paint chipping. We have had ours for 2.5 years and it has been through an overseas move with no problems. The quality in my opinion is great!

Bess

julieakc
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Mine looks colbalt to me....not super dark, but definitely not what I would call a light would. We bought ours last summer and no paint chipping issues. I might be wrong, but I think it's actually stained with the color...not painted; At least that's what it looks like to me.

I really like the blueberry!

jess_g
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
We have one that is BLueberry color and ours is a bright blue color and not a sky blue color. I don't think the websites that show the chiar do a good job at showing the actual colors but maybe you could go into a baby store like The Right Start and see the colors for yourself before you order one. I wish I could tell you something else that is the same color but I can't think of anything right now.

I wanted to post because the paint on the seat board is defenitly comming off. Is this a common problem with the kinderzeats? I thought it was only mine. Our chair is 2 1/2 years old so I thought it was just the age of the chair or something. It is a great chair and I would recomend it but the paint chipping is realy bugging me. And I cannot figure out how to adjust the seat belt either. Two small complaints from me, but it is a great product. I realy like the foot board and it has helped my boys sit at the table better.

Jessica.

Mermanaid
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Can't comment on the blue color, but can give you info on the paint chipping.

We've had the red one now for just over a year and while we love it, I've just noticed that the paint is chipping along the bottom rails. Quite a bit actually. I'm not sure if it's because she slides it around the kitchen all the time or another reason. I am disappointed in it though. I feel that if I paid that much for something the paint should have lasted much longer.

Would I buy again ... probably yes. She absolutely loves sitting in her big girl chair. And, I love the fact that we can pull it up to the counter and she can wash her hands or "help" me cook.