PDA

View Full Version : Bartl Walker Wagon from Oompa? vs. Haba or Radio Flyer?

gcampbell72
02-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Has anyone tried this Bartl Walker Wagon from Oompa? http://tinyurl.com/2gjde8

It looks cute, but I'm wondering how stable it is - especially for a pre-walker.

Our DS is 14 mths old and not walking yet, so we would really like to get a walker that would support him without tipping and yet be easy enough for him to maneuver. Based on recommendations posted here, we have been leaning toward the Haba Walker Wagon. I like the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon (particularly because of the resistance feature), but I was concerned that it would be very hard to "turn" if our DS bumped into something and needed to change direction. I have reviewed the archives, but would greatly appreciate any opinions on these or other walkers.

Thanks so much!

Cathy
mom to Owen and Max

mommyapb
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I think the Bartl Walker Wagon at Oompa is brand new so I am not sure if anyone has it. We bought dd the Haba pushcar for Christmas...she loves it. Not so much to walk behind (she isn't walking yet) but to sit in, be pushed in, put things in & out of etc. I like the size (depth & width) of the car because it allows for dd to sit in it along with a baby doll/stuffed toy plus books in the back. Also, it is low enough to the ground that dd can climb right into it no problem. I think the Haba wagon has a angled seat that might be harder to crawl into.
The car does not turn easily but I think that is the case with the Haba wagon too but I am not sure. I figure that the car will get lots of use as a doll stroller/car/shopping cart in the future too giving it greater play value than something like a wagon. It is pricey but I can say that it is one of my daughter's favorite toys.

The one nice feature of the Bartl is that it functions as a ride-on toy too. So if you don't already have one of those, the mouse might be the way to go.

One more note: The Pushcar says not intended for children to ride in. In my over-protective, first time mommy opinion the car is very study and can easily hold a child. I am assuming that this disclaimer is so that Haba has an "out" when comes to wear & tear issues or possible injury.

So with all that said, if I had to do over again I would make the same choice and go with the Haba pushcar.

HTH