PDA

View Full Version : What is the differnece between a twin and full size bed?

jess_g
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
I am trying to buy some sheets for my daughter. All the twin size sheets I have tried end up beeing a bit too small and hard to stay on her bed. I am wondering if full size sheets would work better? I think its a twin size bed, but what is the difference between full and twin anyway? If it not that much than maybe I should just go with the full size sheets.

Thanks,

Jessica.

ctmom
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
The mattress is probably an x-long twin. The difference between regular twin and x-long twin is about 5 inches. It is about 15 inches between a twin and full/double. We have an x-long twin and get the sheets from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
http://interiordec.about.com/cs/beds/l/blbedsizes.htm

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

tarynsmum
02-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I think you have an X-long twin too - a full is quite a bit bigger than a twin (I think maybe a twin is a little more than half the size of a full? but I might be wrong about that).

cstack
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
It could also be that you have a thicker mattress or a pillow top mattress. That would make the sheets not fit correctly. I have a pillow-top queen, and had a hard time finding sheets that fit at first - I'd get one corner on and another would pull off. You might need to buy sheets with deeper pockets. It seems that mattress manufacturers began making mattresses much thicker, but that the linen manufacturers took a bit to catch up with them. There is quite a difference between a full size and a twin and the full sized sheets would be very big (the fitted ones, anyway, flats probably wouldn't make a big difference).

zuzu
02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I've noticed that PB Teen carries a lot of XL twin sheets.

They have some cute fabrics from time to time - we've gotten great deals on clearance sheet sets and matching duvet and pillow covers for DD there.

tiapam
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I am pretty sure Lands End carries this size, too.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!