PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the BeBe Sounds Nasal Clear -Battery Operated Nasal Aspirator

TracyBee
03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure about this - seems a little gimmicky to me.

Best thing I've found is to do the following:

Warm shower - either actually in the shower or just in the bathroom with the steam (the steam will help break up the congestion)
Saline drops
nasal aspirator - the one from the hospital is the best
Run a cool mist humidifier every night

My DD is 3 and this fall/winter we started running a cool mist hunidifier every single night in her room and she hasn't been sick at all this season - and she goes to daycare.

TracyBee
03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure about this - seems a little gimmicky to me.

Best thing I've found is to do the following:

Warm shower - either actually in the shower or just in the bathroom with the steam (the steam will help break up the congestion)
Saline drops
nasal aspirator - the one from the hospital is the best
Run a cool mist humidifier every night

My DD is 3 and this fall/winter we started running a cool mist hunidifier every single night in her room and she hasn't been sick at all this season - and she goes to daycare.

kayte
03-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately we have tried these. I do notice that the humidifier has made a difference but she is still congested. My husband made an appointment with his allergist for DD.

We went ahead and ordered it --I agree it does sound gimmicky--but at this point we are willing to try it.

If it actually works I will post and let everyone know.

supercalifragilous
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Honestly I'm hesitant to use any motor-operated suction device on a baby. You never know if it might malfunction. I know this product is new and I'd get the advice of your medical professional before using it. I suspect he/she will tell you the same thing. Use with caution!

lerlerler
03-07-2007, 12:19 AM
FWIW, my babe at 1 month ended up in the hospital basically with a runny nose and was there for 5 days... sigh (who knew that a runny nose can drain into your chest and cause big issues?)

anyhoo, when he left the hospital, the doc had us rent a nasal aspirator from a hospital supply company and it was a great thing and cost about $1/day... WAY better than the blue bulb... no comparison.

I saw that aspirator and although I think I'd rather rent the hospital grade one, i'd consider it

good luck

kayte
03-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I searched the archives and was surprised not to find any comment about it at all. My DD has bad allergies and is draining yuck. My husband went online to hunt down a better way to get the ick out and discovered this...

http://www.bebesounds.com/products_nasalclear_description.asp

I found very little on the web about it. I thought I might give our nurse a ring in the morning but also thought there must be someone here that has tried it.... I want to know if it is safe and if it works....

Thanks!

kayte
03-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I searched the archives and was surprised not to find any comment about it at all. My DD has bad allergies and is draining yuck. My husband went online to hunt down a better way to get the ick out and discovered this...

http://www.bebesounds.com/products_nasalclear_description.asp

I found very little on the web about it. I thought I might give our nurse a ring in the morning but also thought there must be someone here that has tried it.... I want to know if it is safe and if it works....

Thanks!

asha
03-07-2007, 02:13 AM
We came home after 10 days in the hospital with 2 week old DS2 a month ago. He had severe RSV. I did not know they could produce so much yuck at that age.
The hospital uses a powerful suctioning device to get the yuck out. I agree with the PP, the blue bulb is a joke compared to those things. Anything better helps.
I would give it a shot. AT 20$, I would not hesitate at all.

Good luck. Hope she feels better soon.