PDA

View Full Version : FP Imaginext Castle vs. Wooden One

dogmom
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
My DS pre-school class is doing a lot with castles now. I find him playing with an old FP castle everytime I go in there. I've looked around at the different castle options. FP has an Imaginext Castle that looks nice for around $40. The wooden ones are more expensive. I'm leaning towards the FP one, not so much for price, but that it folds up and stores easier. We've got so much stuff I find it hard to get something else that needs set up and left up for periods of time. Anyone have any experience with either option?

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve 6/18/06

dogmom
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
My DS pre-school class is doing a lot with castles now. I find him playing with an old FP castle everytime I go in there. I've looked around at the different castle options. FP has an Imaginext Castle that looks nice for around $40. The wooden ones are more expensive. I'm leaning towards the FP one, not so much for price, but that it folds up and stores easier. We've got so much stuff I find it hard to get something else that needs set up and left up for periods of time. Anyone have any experience with either option?

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve 6/18/06

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2007, 10:17 AM
We have the FP Imaginext and the FP Little People castles. We like both. The Imaginext one is very nice for how it folds up. Ds definetly enjoys playing with it. We bought it at Toys R Us because it came with some bonus figures (2 knights and 2 horses, I believe) for the same price as without from Target.

Here is that bonus set and it comes with free shipping:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2310852&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=imaginext&kw=imaginext&parentPage=search

HTH,
Beth

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2007, 10:17 AM
We have the FP Imaginext and the FP Little People castles. We like both. The Imaginext one is very nice for how it folds up. Ds definetly enjoys playing with it. We bought it at Toys R Us because it came with some bonus figures (2 knights and 2 horses, I believe) for the same price as without from Target.

Here is that bonus set and it comes with free shipping:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2310852&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=imaginext&kw=imaginext&parentPage=search

HTH,
Beth

kboyle
03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
we've got a playmobil castle that my parents got charlie last xmas (2005) and it's held up pretty good, but since it's meant to be taken apart it's kinda missing a wall or two! i do like the imaginex one though, everytime we see it charlie wants it...he's castle obsessed!

i like the wooden ones, but the plastic ones seem to have soo much more windows & hidden doors & detail...i like wooden stuff, but compared to the plastic castles, to me & ds, they just don't compare.

new_mommy25
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I love wooden toys, but I haven't really seen a wooden castle that DS likes. Everytime I show him one his reaction is pretty blah. Personally, I think the Papo castles are really cool.

DS has been wanting the Imaginext Castle for awhile. I think it is pretty cool, too. Storage is key around here so I'd probably lean toward the FP.

Canna
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Just another option - we have a friend who has a couple of Lego Duplo castle sets, and they are pretty neat.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=205&d=104