PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat vs. Tripp Trapp

jennifer1143
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a 3 1/2 year old...which would be best? How much higher is the seat on the Tripp Trapp? Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

LBW
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
We have both and they're the same, really. The only difference with the Tripp Trapp is that you can attach the baby seat, so kids can start using them earlier. (actually, i think the strap might be a little different, too, but we don't use it.) DS2 is in his already and he's 10 months old. DS1 is in a KZ and has been since he was just over a year. He's happy with it and we plan to let him continue using it for as long as he wants.

Stokke is phasing out the KZs, so you can probably get a better deal on one of them than the TT. For a 3.5 year old, a less expensive KZ is a better idea than a more expensive TT. At the same price, however, I'd buy the TT, because then you could always attach the baby seat if you have another child.

Hope this helps!

tg_canada
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
During my research, what I gathered is that they are the same seat (as mentioned above), except you can attach a baby rail to the Tripp Trapp. In Europe/Australia, the baby rail is wood and has a small seat back attached that makes the seat back higher than if used on its own. In North America, the baby rail is plastic and it's hard to tell from the brochure if it has the seat back portion.

There's a good picture of the baby rail/seat back on this page right now http://www.stokke.com/colorful/index.html Choose "Australia" or "England" if you want English and then you choose a wood colour, and then a baby seat colour which will show you how the baby seat makes the back higher. They don't have as nice a picture on the NA site so you can't really tell if the plastic baby rail is similar.

If you can find the Kinderzeat cheaper and don't need the baby rail, go for it. If you'll need the baby rail in the future, get the Tripp Trapp and set the baby rail aside for the future. Another option is to get the Kinderzeat now, and then if you have another baby, get a Tripp Trapp for the new baby and your older one can continue to use the Kinderzeat.

tg_canada
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I found a pic of the Tripp Trapp with baby rail and it doesn't give that nice high back like the baby rail on the European version. :(

http://images.rightstart.com/global/images/large/6280.jpg