PDA

View Full Version : Bday gifts for twins - one or one each?

Twoboos
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
DD is invited to a bday party for twin boys in her preschool class. My usual preschool gift is a game (like memory or candyland, with gift receipt) and some playdoh or other small artsy stuff.

Do I get one gift for both of them, or one for each of them? They could play together with the game (well, that would be the intent at least, it certainly doesn't always work that way. :-)). I am not trying to be cheap or mean, I just don't know!

Now if it's one each I am going to have to go search on ideas for 3yo boys. :-)

thanks!

deenass
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I would get one for each. You could always get two different board games or two different play-doh packs, but I think each child should get a gift with their own name and opprtunity to unwrap it.

egoldber
03-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Definitely two gifts.

kayte
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I am going to have to say 2 gifts and not ones that are to work in symphony. My sister has a set of 4 year old twins. I have tried to do joint presents, unfortunately it just doesn't work. My sister has been telling me for a while but I just thought I knew better. At Christmas, I bought them a book and puppet set, which I was going to wrap together. My sister asked that I please wrap them separately so as not to cause a fight. I complied. Even though we have explained that the gifts go together, each lays claim to the gift they opened. I asked my sister about it and she said that both children fight so hard for their own identity right now and that she has plently of time to teach them about sharing later that she wants to let the independence phase run it's course. So I suggest you get two different small gifts, each will get played with by both children, but they still have a sense that they are separate from their sibling.

ETA- You might ask thier mom what each of them enjoys-- they may have very different tastes, making the choice easier.

sue_g
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree with the pps and would definitely say two gifts.

Twoboos
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was thinking about it after I posted and OF COURSE it's 2 gifts. I know how my DDs fight over ev-er-y-thing, and they are not twins! :-)

that's my big "duh" for the day. (So far.)

ADK
03-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Definitely a gift for each kid. It's not like you'd get *half* a gift for a singleton, right? :-)

Disclaimer: I have twins and am probably slightly more sensitive to this scenario.