PDA

View Full Version : Laptop lunches? Or other bentoware?

JacksMommy
03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I love the idea of laptop lunches www.laptoplunches.com. I don't love the look of the outside carrier though, especially because it doesn't really have room for anything else (for a sippy cup for example). I was thinking of just using the box and inner containers and putting it in my son's backpack, but when I looked at the ones in the store here, it didn't seem like the top on the plastic box was very secure.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Or know of any other good bentoware options for kids? Most of the japanese ones aren't dishwasher safe and that's a must in our house...

TIA!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

emilyf
03-09-2007, 07:43 PM
ds has been using this all year at school-it's held up very well. I use his in a soft-sided lunchbox from ll bean that we already had, and it fits perfectly, and there would be room for other things like a drink. I recommend it.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

muskiesusan
03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Emily, which ll bean lunch bag do you have? I have been thinking of getting the laptop system, but I thought it wouldn't fit.

TIA

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

saoirse00
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
We have the laptop lunch box, my DD loves the set but doesn't like the black carrying bag (it has a water bottle and utensils) it came with. I would LOVE to hear more about the LL Bean bag it fits in though.

Kathryn

MelissaTC
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
We have this and I haven't sent it to school yet partially because it doesn't fit in his lunchbox and because he has some trouble opening the containers. But I love the concept! And I am curious as to which LL Bean lunchbox it will fit in as well. We have one and I know it doesn't fit in that one.

emilyf
03-10-2007, 06:20 PM
It's the critter lunchbox. I just measured it though, and mine is 10 inches wide-about 3/4 inch wider than what it says on the website. Maybe they changed the dimensions? Mine is a couple of years old. It fits just perfectly now-if the website measurement is correct I think it would just miss. Maybe email ll bean and see?

emilyf
03-10-2007, 06:28 PM
As far as opening the containers, I don't use any lids-just the boxes without tops. I'm not sure he can open the top lid, but his teachers help him I think.