PDA

View Full Version : What are people using for Easter baskets?

teachermommy
03-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I loved another poster's idea of using a monogramed LL Bean tote bag instead of a basket. I love objects that serve other uses and this would be perfect to tote books, toys, etc. after Easter. LL Bean has some cute colorburst ones on the web page now, but the one I'm looking at only comes in mini, medium, or large. Does anyone know if a mini would be too small for a 4yo and a 7yo? TIA

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=49417&from=GM&noDept=&guideId=-2&moduleId=8889&feat=8889-dg

brianaw
03-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm buying my son a Kettler tricycle for the Easter (I was going to give it to him for his B-day in October but I wanted him to have it for summer) and putting the Easter misc. things in the baskter on the trike.

I love the canvas bag idea. I don't know about the sizes, sorry. The kids at our swim school use them though. I think they look more like the medium size.

Melanie
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Gingham-Lined Baskets. :)

One came from Target and I can't remember where the other came from.

jillmk
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I guess it depnds on what you are looking for, the the mini is pretty small. You can see the dimensions on the LLBean page. I used to use one as a small purse. It definitely would be cute if you only wanted to put a couple of things in it! The mini would probably only fit a couple of books--maybe 2 or 3 board books?? Personally I would probably go larger. My oldest DD has a small and we use it all of the time for her books and toys.

cstack
03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
I have used, in the past, a small plastic wagon, toy grocery cart, baby carriage (doll carriage), small laundry baskets (which then became their laundry baskets), totes, and garbage pails.

Emmas Mom
03-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I got 2 of these monogrammed last year for our girls & LOVE them. We're not big on giving candy & gifts for Easter so it's perfect for a few little things. Plus then we take out the "grass" & candy & it's great for an easter egg hunt. :) So, I guess it'd depend on how much you want to put in the bags.

Twoboos
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Did you see the ones with the personalized pics of girl or boy? Too cute! Now I am seriously considering this, it would be so cute for the required "stuff" that seems to travel with us everywhere.

They have mini and medium sizes.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=personalized-kids-boat-and-tote-bag&categoryId=49416&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=5236&cat4=3153&shop_method=pp&feat=5236-tn