PDA

View Full Version : Booster vs. Hook on?

keschy
03-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Our DS is 8 months old and we are looking for a chair for restaurants and travel. I was going to get a regalo hook on chair but now I've been hearing that the fisher price booster chair is good. Any ideas about which is better?

betsydenny
03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Most restaurants provide highchairs and booster seats.
But if you really want to bring one of your own I would strongly recommend getting a booster seat because you never know whether a restaurant table is stable enough for a hook-on. (I think some center stem tables cannot support a hook on.)
We have a folding one- maybe 1st years? that has worked fine. Just make sure it can strap around the bottom and back of the chair to ensure stability.

HTH!
Betsy

Maxlee
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
We have the fisher price booster seat. My daugher (1 yr old) always has a clean surface for her food which is important because she insists on feeding herself. I like the fact that it folds up and the try goes in the dishwasher. I also like the fact that the tray has a lid so you can take it home w/out getting anything else dirty.

fivi2
03-18-2007, 07:02 PM
We have the eddie bauer pop up booster from target for traveling. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_7/602-8163836-8524660?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000COOKI2

It has been great. But at restaurants I usually use high chairs. I was afraid of the hook on to table kind - not sure why!