PDA

View Full Version : Take and Toss Straw Cups

mickminmom
03-18-2007, 05:06 PM
x-posted

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had the same experience....

We have been using these regularly for about 2.5 months. I rotate through 6 of them. When they get thrown down now, the lids pop off and out comes the milk or whatever. The lids used to stay on well through the throw-down from the chair.

Are they not able to withstand more than two months of use? Bummer if they are that disposable! The bottoms are all in great shape and the tops seem fine but looser.

Thanks!
Chris

shilo
03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
i haven't used the straw cups specifically, but have used the little cup/dishes as well as occasionally their sippy's over at my parents house. i have noticed that the lids do get easier to put on/take off over time. ds only does water in those sippy's at my parents house tho, so it hasn't been a big deal. we do milk in the playtex insulated screw top sippy's and have had no problem with those.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

Tondi G
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
YUP! They are THAT disposable! After a couple of months I buy new if the tops start popping off so easily! Save the cups for playing in the bath or outside!

laurena
03-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Good news is that once your DD is past the "toss" stage, they do last a long time. I have some that still work that were purchased 1.5 years ago, believe it or not. I have more problems with the straws disappearing than I do the lids not staying tight. Good thing they aren't too expensive! :)

PS - using the cups in the bath is a great idea!