PDA

View Full Version : Trike help

emschwar
03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
ILs are getting N a trike for his birthday. We had told them to get the Radio Flyer Steer and Stroll, but I just saw this today:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2427801&cp=2255956.2273442.2255961.2256575.2256633&fbn=Brand+Name+Secondary%7CKettler&f=PAD%2FBrand+Name+Secondary%2FKettler&fbc=1&categoryId=2256633&parentPage=search#prod_prodinfo

Normally, with the kiddio brand, I'd say that was a better trike, but I'm wary of the low price. Any ideas?

(FTR, we're interested in a low-cost trike. Noah will use it, but not a ton. We want the push bar, because the sidewalk in front of our house is a hill, and you just know he's going to get to the bottom and not want to pedal back up. And I'll be varying degrees of pg this summer (due in sept) and I am not bending over and pushing him up the hill. We live in a town house, so the folding aspect would be nice, but not folding is not a deal breaker.)

Tondi G
03-22-2007, 06:12 PM
that looks really cool and like you said it seems to have all the extras you want in a trike... fold up, push bar. Kettler is a great brand and I know there are quite a few people out there who have the lower end sold at TRU and have been happy with them! The only thing I wonder about is that it seems kinda small? I know my 5 year old can still sit on the Jumbo we have and is ok... the seat on this one looks small. How big is your kiddo???

emschwar
03-22-2007, 06:20 PM
He's small, but not tiny. And he's turning 3. He's 37.25" right now, and about 32 lbs. Mostly leg.

I guess we'll stick with the radio flyer; my mom has it at her house so I know it's an ok trike. Maybe not great like the kettlers, but the price is good.