PDA

View Full Version : If you can stand another play kitchen question!

kimbe
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Small world toys classic wooden kitchen or something like it.

I have been pouring over the play kitchen threads which have been so very helpful to me in my research! In the next few months, we are going to be getting a play kitchen and I just want to make sure that I have covered all my bases.

The kitchen that I have decided that I like the best is the Small World Toys Classic Wooden Kitchen. I don't want pastel and I want a separate fridge, stove and sink. It is also not too expensive -- would like to stay around $300. (I love love love the pretend play one from Target now $80 a piece, but I can't take pastel anything!)

My questions ---

-Will this kitchen grow with my 21 month old? Will she still be able to play with it when she is in kindergarten etc?

- Is there anything that I am missing out there that I would like better? (I like how I said that "I" would like better -- hmm who is the kitchen really for? ;) )

- Will there be deals coming up that I should wait for? (We'd like to have the kitchen ready to give around July.)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

ellies mom
03-28-2007, 03:40 AM
I didn't pay attention to the height of the pieces but if your child starts to out grow it physically, it looks like you could raise it on wooden blocks. We have the KidKraft Retro one from Costo. It is really short, so when the time comes, I plan on painting pieces of 2x4 and raising it that way.

kimbe
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
That is a great idea! I would have never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

ksli
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Kim,
We got this Small World set from Sensational Beginnings.
http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=G+4+929X&Cat=

It's on sale right now for a great price. It will definitely grow with your child, since it's on the tall side. My DS really loves it.

Kathleen
DS 1-7-05

kimbe
03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
WOW! That is a great price! Thanks so much for the info.