PDA

View Full Version : Rollerblades/skates

emilyf
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I loved roller skating as a kid, and was wondering if ds is old enough for a pair of skates. I'm wondering if anyone has kids that use rollerblades or skates and which they have and why. I'm thinking of getting a pair of rollerblades for myself too, although I've never done it. There are some good spots nearby and I thought ds and I might learn together.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

SnuggleBuggles
03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I couldn't quickly find them online and I don't have much time. But, if you look in the sporting goods' section at Target there are roller skates/ blades for preschoolers (made by either Fisher Price or Little Tikes...maybe both). They are adjustable, go over shoes and have dif't modes for while the child is learning (kind of like brakes so they don't take off before they are ready). We have a pair and like them. We don't often use them though since it is such a PIA to get all the safety gear on too. They sell for $15-20.

Beth

emilyf
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks! I will check it out next time I'm in Target. It makes sense to start with something inexpensive to start and see how he likes it.
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05