PDA

View Full Version : What kind of bathtub first?

zeb
04-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Hello,

We bought the eurobath tub, as recommended in the book, but it does seem slightly enormous for when baby is so little (I'm thinking more so as it would need to be used IN the main bathtub, rather than the kitchen sink). May I ask, has anyone used this tub right from the start and was it ok? Or, should I also buy a smaller tub that fits into the sink that I can use for the first couple of months?

Thanks!
-Sarah

brittone2
04-03-2007, 08:22 AM
we used the Eurobath w/ both kids from the beginning without any issues. The reclined side will hold a newborn just fine. With DS and now DD, I put a hand towel underneath them and just set them on top of it.

With DS, I did use a dishpan (from the hospital as part of his bassinet supplies) for a few baths early on. You can pick one up for $1-2 at any of the big box stores.

I really like the Eurobath. Huge, but it works well for us.

zeb
04-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Thank you! I have heard that it works fine as far as size for the baby, I guess I was thinking more of size for my back bending over our main tub. I just thought maybe it would be easier for the first few weeks to bathe at the kitchen sink rather than bent over our tub. So many questions, so little time! :)

craftysierra
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
You can sit the eurobath on a table too.
We have really loved our eurobath and with my DD my son would ofter sit in it too on the floor or our shower.

Sierra

jillmk
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
We used ours right from the beginning as well. When they were really little I put a folded up hand towel behind the babies. Love the Eurobath!

crimsonowl
04-03-2007, 07:45 PM
We used the Eurobath from the start --- with a folded up towel, as suggested by others --- and it was great. We have always just put the Eurobath on top of our bathroom counter, so we don't have to stoop.

JasonsMom
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
We were given the EuroBath and really learned to like the size when bathing DD. My friend had a smaller tub and her baby quickly became tight in it.

infocrazy
04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
We have a nice size kitchen sink and gave DS his baths in there for probably longer than we should! It was really convienent though!

In the beginning, we just used one of those slings in the sink to support him...the frame with the netting over it, whatever that is called.

HTH

jgriffin
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Another happy Eurobath user here! When E was small (i.e. in the reclining position) we put a handtowel underneath him to stop him from slipping. Although actually he was probably a month old before we gave him a proper bath; before that he had lots of sponge baths. I think DH or my FIL might have used it on a counter a couple of times, but I always have it inside the regular bath tub.

We're still using it 20 months later with no problems.

olwalker
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Love the Eurobath! We used it as soon as our baby started taking real baths. I just put a washcloth or small towel underneath her to prevent sliding. She is 19 months old now, and we still use it and she loves it! And I love it because she can have a "deep" bath to play in without filling up the whole bathtub!!!

jniter
04-11-2007, 08:44 AM
We did sponge baths on the bathroom counter the first few weeks. DS umbilical cord took a LONG time to fall off. After that, we used the Eurobath also with a washcloth behind his back. He LOVES bathtime. I mean, LOVE. Kicking, giggling, splashing water all over the place love. We have a super long bathroom counter, so we put the tub on it.

Primo also sells a bath seat you can use in a large sink.
http://primobaby.com/bathing_01.htm

It looks pretty cool! I've never seen one in person, but the pictures look fabulous. Perfect if you live in cramped quarters and cannot use a tub. By the time the baby can sit up, it's ok to use the regular bathtub.

OH...if you use the tub on a table or counter, we have a bucket we fill up and then fill the tub. The tub can be unwieldly and heavy to carry around when it is full. Also, having the tub on the counter makes it super easy to empty. We just drag it over the sink and pull up the stopper to let it drain. Easier than lifting it off the floor to dump out the water. I'm rather petite, so unwieldly objects is a big problem for me.

becca34
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
We used that Primo bath seat in our big laundry sink in the early months -- worked great! Same concept as the Eurotub, but on a smaller scale, and more convenient....

fattytuna
04-14-2007, 01:31 AM
We have been using the eurobath since DD was born. We have a pretty big bathtub in our master bath. So we put one of these bins

[img src="http://img.nextag.com/image/Quantum_12_Gallon_Container/1/000/000/715/697/71569703.jpg"]

(with the lids closed) underneath and set the eurobath on top, perpendicular to the long side of the tub. DH and I then climb in and sit on the edge of the bathtub when we bathe DD. DD is small for her age, so when she was real little we rolled up a couple of towels under her and put another one behind her so she wouldn't slide down.