PDA

View Full Version : My DS is turning 1- What to get him?

MomtoNico
04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
The grandparents are asking what my DS needs. He doesn't need clothes. Any suggestions on what toys to get or anything else??

hudsonam
04-04-2007, 07:43 PM
They could get him a Radio Flyer wagon or a ride-on toy of some kind. :)

kristenk
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I was going to suggest wagon, too!

jgriffin
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
The RF Walker Wagon was a big hit when E was 1, so I third it! Do a search for it in In The House, I know there have been several threads on it regarding good prices and shipping.

pb&j
04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Like PP's said, a wagon is a good one. Child-size furniture (table and chairs) if you don't have it already is nice. I think DS's favorite Bday present was the Pacific Tents play tunnel he got. Best toy ever, holds up great to all his abuse. Our 6 y.o. neighbor down the street has one and is still using it.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

kimbe
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Do a search. There have been a few threads in "Around the House" about this topic.

I would also suggest the walker wagon or some other push toy of the sort. That is what DD got from one set of grandparents. She got a wooden childrens rocker from the other set.

I would also suggest a plastic picnic table, sand table, membership to a childrens museum or to the zoo are great gifts too.

BeachBum
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Wagon, Sandbox/water table, laugh and learn home, table and chairs, swing, musical instruments?

gatorsmom
04-05-2007, 04:40 PM
My Ils give my kids a book each year with a little inscription in it. My boys love me to read what grandma and grandpa wrote in the book for them!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

MarisaSF
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Water table and a bag of frozen peas (to eat). That's what my DD got for her 1st birthday. She liked both equally. :)
Still plays with the water table all the time.

GaPeachInCA
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
DS's grandparents gave him a Kettler trike for his 1st birthday. He enoyed it from then on, first with the push bar and by his 2nd birthday, he had started pedalling. We took off the handle bar at about 28 months and he just pedals like crazy now!

It was maybe a little "old" for a 1st birthday gift, but he's grown into it and we didn't need any more toys for the sake of toys, you know? :D

jhrabosk
04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
My DD got a bunch of musical instruments (egg shakers, tambourine, etc) which she LOVES. She also got a bunch of new books...can never have too many of those.

We bought her the RF walker wagon, which she loved to push for a few weeks while she was learning to walk, but now just holds toys. Maybe my place is just too small for it to be interesting. :)

Kindra178
04-08-2007, 02:46 PM
This is a great post. For the poster who recommended the tunnel, I checked into that - do you have the kind with the tent attached? The instructions say 3 and up.

Another suggestion - I know the OP said no clothes, but what about a gift certificate to Hanna Andersson or LL Bean (new coats)? I know that we don't need clothes at the moment but every few months we will!

hillview
04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
We gave DS books (big hit) and a ketler tryke which he loved from day one (with a push handle). He also liked trucks and some LP sets.
HTH
/hillary

mommyapb
04-09-2007, 11:38 PM
For dd's birthday all the family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents) gave us money to put towards a swingset. DD loves to swing! We loved the idea that the gift would be something she would have for years & years.

HTH

Amelia
dd 3/06

PS- My brother's full name is Nicholas but he goes by Niko (only spelled with a K). GREAT name :)