PDA

View Full Version : Klean Kanteen Questions

mommysammi
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
We'll buy them for DS and ourselves. Do the Kanteens hold milk and juice well? How old was your child before he/she stopped using the sippy? Did you move him/her onto the sport cap? Or is it ok to just start with the sport cap? TIA.

brittone2
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
nak-
how old is your DC? DS was 15ish months when we got ours and could use the sports cap if we were out and about w/ just a little help (
kk sippies were not available yet). DS drank from an unlidded small glass jelly jar at home from about 12ish months without help.

I just got DD the sippy. She's only 4 mo. so isn't using it yet.

bluestar2
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
DC largely moved from the sippys to open cups (unless we were out and about) at about a year. We didn't have the KK then but I would have moved them to the KK sippy or sports cap bottles (they drink from the sports caps now). I prefer the sports caps myself since I find I get a bit of a metallic taste by drinking directly from the bottle. The downside to the sports caps are that they often leak if they are tipped over so I would be hestitant to put anything but water in them. We've only put water in ours. I'm too lazy to wash using a bottle brush. ;)

MarisaSF
04-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I've only ever put water in ours, so no experience there.

To others who've tried the sippy tops: does the KK "whistle" as much with the sippy top as it does with the sports top? Do yours whistle at all? I have 2 and they both whistle like crazy little birds. :) I find not fully tightening the top to moderately lessen the whistling.

I want to get more.

BTW, I've been meaning to post for a while that water stays cool and the cups themselves to do not get alarmingly hot... even here in Arizona.

brittone2
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
nak

I just got DD a sippy and she's too little to use it currently. We had a problem w/ one of our sports caps not closing right, and then I lost one. Both were white. THey both whistled a lot. Since I was already placing an order, I ordered a new black sports cap, and it doesn't whistle as much. Not sure if it is a slightly different design or just randomly hit or miss.