PDA

View Full Version : What to buy for the One Year Old that has everything?

daisymommy
04-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Can you beleive Hannah is ONE today!?! My baby is growing up! And mommy has yet to buy her much because I don't see much that appeals to me.
I saved most of Joshua's older baby toys, so we have all the basics:
Blocks
Little People
Board books
Ring stackers
Shape sorters
Pull behind toys and pop-corn type push toys
Wooden kitchen and food
Play silks

I just bought the Parent's brand Bee-Bop-Band musical instruments, a new Gertie ball, and grandparents are going to buy the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon.

I know it seems that in all honesty she has enough toys. But she's so bored with everything! She's playing with all of Joshua's older kids toys, and often getting hurt in the process...or having it taken away from her before she gets the chance (poor frustrated baby!).

To make a long story short, what has come out recently that's a big hit? Or should I even bother buying anything else?

AmyZ
04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Do you have the FP Laugh and Learn Home? My dd loved it -- opening and closing the door, and the mailbox are the best parts of it!

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

almostamom
04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I second the Laugh and Learn Home. I just mentioned it in your post about the Leapstart Table. This is definitely a huge hit and is still played with daily (we've had it for 18 mos)

HTH,
Linda

brittone2
04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I already bought and put away a Haba ball track for DD's first bday because I got a good deal on it. Several people said their kids really loved this toy. It is spendy but nicely made.

If you don't want to go with too many more toys, maybe just a small token gift and put the rest of the money into a savings account, savings bond, or a college fund.

daisymommy
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Beth, you and Lori have a good point about just putting the money away. For some reason I felt like I "had to" get her things because it was her birthday. A little silly since she has all of Joshua's outgrown toys!

MATTYSMOMMY
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
My son loves the Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano, he plays with it throughout the day and he does get board easy..... Also, with summer coming I am getting him the slide and swing combo by Little Tikes.

teachermommy
04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
What about a personalized book from iseeme.com? I ordered one for my niece's first birthday and had a dedication put in the front wishing her a Happy 1st Birthday! It was a big hit and is something that can be enjoyed for years after the big day.

kayte
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
My DD turned 1 in January. Her favorite gift was a small album I made from pictures we have seen at the zoo and around. The album is 6" by 6" and I just printed the name of each animal on cardstock and stuck down a photo. She looks at it several times a day.

HTH

denna
04-11-2007, 02:08 AM
The Step2 WaterWheel Table. (As you can see from my siggy) we just gave Tyler one for his 1st BDay and I have to say it is by far the best purchase I have ever made (as far as toys go) and he adores it really.

We got ours from Target for $34.99(!) so great. We have all marble/hard wood floors so it works well in our home and will be great outdoors once it warms up more. It's so easy to clean up after too (so that is always a plus).

Large Peg puzzles were also a hit with Tyler.

Happy Birthday Hannah! Congrats Mama on the 1st year.