PDA

View Full Version : so CONFUSED about a bed

TraciG
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
So we had Sydney sleep in my old twin size bed with a rail at my parents Friday night, she did fine so I want to buy her a bed since she's almost 3 1/2 ! I can't decide if I should look into the beds with the drawers or just buy a regular twin size bed. Also can't decide if I should look for a matching headboard to go with her dresser, it's wood . When I have the next baby they would use the furniture to match the crib unless I just buy Sydney new furniture but in the same color she has now, so confusing !!!!!!!!!!

Any help PLEASE

LBW
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd try to think long term. Will your kids share a room? Will this be a bed that Sydney will use for a few years? Or until she's a teenager (or beyond)?

If this is a transition-period bed, I'd just concentrate on price and safety. Find something that works for Sydney now and don't spend a lot. Then in a couple of years, the baby can use it and Sydney can get her real big girl bed.

When we bought my older son's bed, I knew he'd need to be able to use it for a long time. So, I looked at styles that would work into his teenage years.

If you like the wood dresser you have, and you're not sure who will be using it in a few years, it would be safe to try to find a matching bed for Sydney. Then you'll always have the option of putting it in her room. That said, I don't always like everything to match - so I think painted furniture looks nice with wood, and I often mix and match different wood finishes.

If you need storage, the beds with the drawer underneath are nice. We don't have one, though. I just bought rolling underbed storage containers at Target. They hold a lot and are easy for even my older son to roll out and open.

Good luck!

TraciG
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
never heard of rolling under bed storage, I'm going to check it out, thanks .

LBW
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
The ones we have are plastic (could be Rubbermaid brand).