PDA

View Full Version : dollhouse for almost 2yo....

mindyd
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I am interested in getting my 21 mo dd a dollhouse or another pretend play toy along that line. I really don't know where to begin looking. I don't want to get her something she will outgrow too quickly, but obviously I don't want the tiny tiny pieces either. Does anyone have any suggestions for me??
Thanks.

traciann
04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
we got dd the little people house at 22 months and she loves it. i was also wanting more of a dollhouse...but as I watched her start to get into pretend play with the little people figures she had...i changed my mind. she loves to have the people sit at the table or go night night...its really cute to watch her play with the house and suprising to see what she does with it. when she is older we look into the loving famiy dollhouse...but this is working great for now.

nfowife
04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
My DD got the FP "My First Dollhouse" for Hanukkah when she was about 20 months old and it has been a HUGE hit! She loves it and plays with it every day. I have it setup in her room on a little cubby unit and it is perfect for this age. There are furniture sets available (it comes with some and a mom, dad, and baby). It is more of a traditional "dollhouse" than the LP one, IMO. Here is a pic of it in DD's room:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/IMG_0346-1.jpg?t=1177037424

fattytuna
04-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Another vote for the Little People set. It's not what I would have bought, but it has been working out really well so we are happy with it.

DD received it as a Xmas present last year. At first she wasn't so interested. But from 18-months on, she became really into it. At first it was a lot of fun just to shove all the Little People out the door. Then she goes to the other side and shoves them back inside. It gradually turned into pretend-play. She makes them go to bed, take a bath, go potty, do laundry, open the fridge, type on the computer, etc. And she would talk and describe what they are doing. I agree with PP about how it's a lot of fun just watching her talk away. Her favorite is making me take each Little People (we have an extra set of the town people) and have them knock on the door and she'd open the door and let them in. Now at 21-months, we have to "play house" every day.