PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable Batteries - $60 credit for writing review

cinfulaz
05-01-2007, 09:30 AM
There is a great site for purchasing rechargeable batteries of all sizes. We live in a small town in Alabama and I could not find rechargeable C,D or 9-volt batteries, or a charger for them. I looked everywhere here, Walmart, Target, Sam's, Radio Shack, Big Lots, Fry's Electronics in Phoenix when we were home for Christmas - you name it, no luck.

So, I started looking online and I found allbattery.com - and I got a package with about 12 each of the rechargeable AA and AAA and a few Cs, Ds and 9-volts and a charger that has dual voltage - great because we are now relocating overseas. (I always knew it was a possibility so I've bought dual voltage products whenever possible.)

The price was decent, around $80 for the combo pack of batteries and the charger, shipped. I signed up for their emails and have been getting regular updates and offers, and I recently noticed this offer for a $60 credit if you wrote a review about your experience with them. So, here goes - and hopefully this will help some of you who have experienced similar challenges finding anything other than rechargeable AA and AAAs.

Are you expecting a new baby? If you're anything like my husband and me, you'll be blown away by the sheer number of batteries you're going to need. That's what prompted me to go looking for a universal smart charger, since all I could find at my local stores were chargers for AAA and AA - that doesn't cut it when you need 4 Ds for the baby swing, 3 Cs for the white noise maker, 2 Cs for the vibrating bouncer, and so on and so on. . .

I was a little skeptical that one charger could do everything, but it has worked out great for us. The BC1HU Plus has charged everything we've thrown at it, from the Tenergy batteries that came with it to the Energizers and Duracells I had to buy for something we needed immediately. I even just recharged the alkaline AAs that go in our cordless mouse and they've been working great for 2 days now!!!

The initial charge time scared me at first, but the ones that took the longest were the 9V, and since I don't use those for much except the clock radio/alarm backup, it wasn't a big deal. The charge indicator light is really made for non-engineer type people like me (red for charging, green for go) and it is so easy to get the battery in correctly I'm really glad I bought this specific charger.

I'm so anti-regular batteries that I literally get upset when I don't have rechargeables ready for whatever I need. We have already found uses for all the batteries that came with our combo, and I'm writing this review because we need more! They have a long life (I've only had to recharge the swing batteries 2x in 6 months and we use the swing A TON and the white noise maker multiple times a day.) We also travel with the portable music/noise maker(4 AAs) from our pack-n-play and believe me, you don't want to run out when you're staying in a hotel.

Don't underestimate how many batteries you'll go through. I did and here I am ordering more Cs and Ds, for the diaper pail air purifier and the exercise bike.