PDA

View Full Version : What age for an easel?

smilla653
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm considering having Oma buy an easel for DS this summer. He will be 2 years old. Will he be too short for one of the big stand-up easels (I am eyeing the one sold by LONod)? How do kids like the tabletop ones? I have visions of him doing art on our porch this summer (the tabletop one would have to go on an outdoor coffee table).

egan284
05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
We bought dd's easel when she was around 2.5, she is petite for her age and she did just fine. If you are concerned about height, adjustable easel would be your best bet (if you go the easel route). We got the Beka adjustable easel and don't regret buying it. DD spent so much time doing artsy stuff on it, I really am glad we got it for her. Definitely not too young.

jse107
05-03-2007, 09:22 AM
For Christmas, we got DS the two sided easel from Lakeshore Learning. It is adjustable, but DS is so short that my husband just lowered the bin for him by drilling a lower hole. As he gets taller, we can move it up. I LOVE this easel, and so does DS! My MIL even got him the special paint containers that prevent spilling. It's been great!

inmypjs
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
My son was 2 in 11/06 and rec'd an easel for Christmas. He likes it very much. It is the Step 2 with one side as a chalkboard and the other a magnetic dry erase board. I know many don't like the all plastic design, but we have nothing but good things to say about it. I think he will only use it more as he gets older. Good luck!