PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried a bounce house?

jess_g
05-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I saw them today at Toys R Us and wondered about them. They look like great fun, but would the boys bounce into each other? And would it work setup in a flat area in the drive way? (Our drive way is double wide and I don't know if there would be enough room on the front lawn for it).

I am thinking of one like this:

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=3565&Ne=1&N=26+117

And how noisy is the blower? Does it need to be pluged in all the time? Or only when you inflate the bouncer?

Thanks,

Jessica.

babystuffbuff
05-06-2007, 08:22 AM
My SIL has one for her kids, who are 5 and 2 1/2. They got it for them this past Christmas. They have it in their living room, which I wouldn't necessarily recommend, but they live in a cold climate and wanted to start using it straight away. It takes up the entire room and is an interesting visual through the front windows. :)

The kids really like it. They will stumble into each other sometimes, but haven't gotten hurt. They have this one:

http://www.littletikes.com/Toys/Toys-Detail.aspx?Product_ID=2650&Ne=1&N=26+117&Description=

They don't keep it blown up all the time. It deflates and inflates pretty quickly. The blower reminds me of a hair dryer as far as the noise - it's not bad. My SIL leaves it plugged in all the time, but that might be her choice, and not necessarily a requirement.

I would be hesitant to use it on a driveway or pavement, especially with littler ones (under 3 or so). I think grass would be better.

Sarah

jhrabosk
05-07-2007, 10:36 AM
My friend got one like the pp's link for her DD's 2nd bday party. A bunch of kids used it and they had a blast.

It was set up on their concrete patio, but they surrounded the two openings with those foam interlocking mats. No one got hurt.

The blower was on the whole time we were there...I think it has to be to keep it inflated. But it seemed like the setup/breakdown was pretty easy. It was noisy, but I didn't find it intrusive, unless you were standing right next to it.