PDA

View Full Version : Dining room chairs

emilys_mom
05-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Even though DD is not quite two yet, she is no longer wanting to sit in either her high chair or a booster chair (she prefers to squat in a "big chair"). Problem is, our dining room chairs have a cloth covered, navy blue seat that I can't get clean after she drops her oatmeal, yogurt, etc.

Any recommendations on what I can do to cover it? I don't think a blanket would work, because it would move around too much. Does anyone make some sort of plastic cover with velocro that just goes around the seat? I had thought of taping some saran wrap, but I haven't come up with any other ideas.

katydid1971
05-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I have seen covers at bed bath and beyond in the table cloth section that are plastic. Maybe these would work.
Sarah

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=12806647&RN=65

emilys_mom
05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
How funny- that looks exactly like what I was thinking of! Thanks!

supercalifragilous
05-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Another cheap option -

Go to JoAnn's in their upholstery rolled fabric section - they also have rolls of clear vinyl in differing thicknesses (WalMart also has them, BTW). At BRU, they get that and cover their footstools with them - they just wrap it around and staple it to the underside so it will stay put with multiple customers.