PDA

View Full Version : Bumbo or Bebe Pod?

JoyNChrist
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anybody have one of these? Do you like it?

I was thinking it would be useful for having around the house, and also for going out to restaurants. We don't use an infant car seat (we have a Britax Boulevard), so when we go out to eat I have to hold DS or he sits in the pouch or ring sling. I was thinking one of these little seats would be good to sit him in on the bench seat beside me.

But I don't want to buy it if it's just going to be one of those baby items that never gets used.

Thoughts?

MamaMolly
05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I tried the BebePod at playgroup and the Bumbo at the store. IMHO, the Bumbo was better because DD was less able to lean back like she was going to pop out of it.

We got the Bumbo a little too late to make it super useful, we got it around 5 1/2 - 6 months, and by then she was starting to sit on her own. We still use it as an extra seat, but I really wish we'd had it earlier when she wanted to sit up but still couldn't.

Try them out in the stores and see what you think.

HTH!

nfowife
05-06-2007, 10:00 PM
We have the bumbo. DS is 3 months old. It was one of those "had to have" things for me this time around, because they were not available when I had DD. But honestly, I'm not all that impressed at all. DS doesn't really like it, he seems to be in a bizarre position too and not very comfy. I'm just not thrilled with it and wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

For restarants, I'd borrow a friends old infant seat (don't need to worry about safety since you wouldn't be using it in the car). We moved DS out of the infant seat at 2 months old because he hated it but still use it for restaurants and that type of thing where I need to have somewhere to put him down. He doesn't seem to mind it too much then.

MarisaSF
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I just got one in anticipation of the new baby's arrival. I didn't have one when DD was a baby and often thought one would be useful. Her DCPs used them for feeding the baby.

I'll tell you one thing... I'm not sure how our new baby will take to it, but my DD, who is 33 months old LOVES it. She is average size and fits in it... not sure exactly how that worked, but she sits in it all the time and even likes to use it as a booster seat. I hope she'll be willing to share with her brother.

Momof3Labs
05-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I wasn't at all impressed by it either. At 3mo, DS2 could twist and wiggle such that he could almost get out of the Bumbo. It was kind of scary!

secchick
05-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I had a Bebe Pod and it was a lifesaver. I had a rather small and docile DD and she was in it until 8 months. It was wonderful for feeding her when she was just starting solids. I think it depends on the child, but for DH, DD and I it was worth every penny.

egoldber
05-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I had the same experience. I returned mine.

madelinesmom
05-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I borrowed a Bumbo from a neighbor, it was really great especially for DD#2. As soon as she could hold her head up she just came all over the house in the Bumbo. I would put her on the bathroom counter when I flat ironed my hair, she loved to look at herself in the mirror. She sat on the floor in the den while I played with DD#1, she came outside while we worked in the yard. We really used it alot in the beginning. We probably stopped using it around 6 months, just because as others have said they get to moving around in it and it is not as stable. I also really liked the size of it, it moved really easy and she enjoyed it...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

elephantmeg
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I really liked mine for the limited time span it was useful. I figured it was one of those things you bought for your first child knowing that you would have others and then lend it out. DS really liked sitting up in it. Here he is hanging out with me while I'm on the BBB! He was about 4 1/2 months old.

http://www.megley.com/photos/babyfurr/album_005/PICT2609.JPG.html

JoyNChrist
05-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Aw, Margaret, that's so cute!

ajmom
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
We have a Bumbo seat and really like it. I used to wear DD in the sling when we were at restaurants, but she's too grabby now, so the Bumbo works perfect for us since she isn't fully sitting on her own. We just put it on the table and she's happy. SHe also likes to sit up to play, so we put her in it with toys and she loves it. We've been very happy with ours.

Sillygirl
05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
dp sorry

Sillygirl
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Our Bumbo also got used mainly in restaurants. It's our go-to shower gift these days, because it is kind of pricey for the limited amount of use.