PDA

View Full Version : sturdy chairs for play

georgiegg
05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi all

I'm looking for 2 or 4 chairs (we already have a kiddie table) that I can buy for my kids who are 3y and 1y. The main problem is that the chairs that came with the hand-me-down table are not only too big for the baby, they are very very tippy and she has fallen several times trying to climb into them. So I would like something as sturdy and well-balanced as possible.

I suppose that my preference would be to just keep her off the chairs entirely but at 13 months, she is determined to do EVERYTHING that her big brother does and she is a big climber as well. She scales everythig including furniture and playground equipment that her older brother would not have even thought to climb at a similar age. Her brother also has a low loft bed. It is only 2.5 feet high and I feel fine with him climbing the rungs, but I was horrified to discover that the baby could easily get up there before she was even walking.

On that topic, if anyone has any parenting advice about how to deal with a younger child who wants to play with/try everything that her older sibling does, I'm all ears!

Kirsten

luckymom
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I got these chairs from Sams club - they are just like the ones at our childrens museum. Very sturdy, and non-tippy, got them when my son was a little over one, and he could climb into the chair facing the back and turn around, and the chair has never tipped on us. They come in different heights as well.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=166351&pCatg=7107

Hope it helps
Lucy