PDA

View Full Version : DIY rock wall and other components of playscape

Mamma2004
05-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Since it appears that DS will remain an only child, DH and I are opting not to splurge on an enormous playscape. What we would like to do, however, is provide him with some sort of climbing apparatus to continue to strengthen his gross motor skills. [DS was born 8 weeks prematurely and while he has done beautifully in most areas, he is really lagging in his gross motor development.]

DS loves his swing and has JUST started to really attempt - and enjoy - both the rings and the rock wall at his gym class.

We are hoping to build a very modest outdoor structure to include just a few components of the big playscapes. I understand we can find rings at Home Depot or Lowe's but does anyone know if a kit or at least some instructions for a climbing wall??? DS has come so far but really needs the regular practice!

Thanks so much,
Stephanie

Tondi G
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
This site is great! You can just order the rock wall pieces alone for 45 bucks or you can pay just a bit more 49 for the complete plans as well http://www.byoswingset.com/rocwaladkit.html

They also sell the plans for smaller structures... just a fort with one or two swings and you can add on a rockwall feature

we got a set from Craigslist that we plan to stain and replace a couple of pieces of wood... buy a new swing and some accessories! I plan to order from here!

Mamma2004
05-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks so much - that site will help tremendously!!!

Stephanie