PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on where to get help for our Kettler trike?

Sillygirl
05-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I ordered the Happy Navigator from an online retailer about a year ago. I ordered it un-assembled, which was a mistake, because the directions were very confusing and I don't think we did it right. We really haven't gotten much use out of it. Anyway, some kids were playing with it during our party this weekend and they tried to pedal it while it was in freewheeling mode. The gray inner portion of the wheel got all shredded and then a yellow plasic piece got stripped of its screw. Has anyone gotten Kettler service? Should I try a local bike shop? I don't think shipping it back to the retailer is going to be cost-effective. Really regretting this purchase now and Jonathan is finally old enough to be getting some use from it.

Karenn
05-14-2007, 10:50 AM
I just talked to Kettler last week because we are having trouble with the brand new kiddio I bought for my kids. (Incidentally, we're having problems with the freewheel...) They were very helpful, but we were dealing with a brand new from the store bike. It might be worth a call. (Let me know if you need the number- I have it here somewhere. :) )

kochh2
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
nak
i;ve dealt w/ them via email for steering issues, and they were very helpful!!

Sillygirl
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Good to hear! I'd like the number if you have it handy.

muskiesusan
05-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I drove over our Kettler a few years ago and was able to buy replacement parts from Kettler. We had arranged for a local bike shop to make the repairs with the parts, but luckily DH was able to do it himself. Good as new!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

dr mom
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I called them near the end of the warranty period because a part had broken - mostly due to DS jumping on it, but I didn't really emphasize that when I called them. They immediately shipped out a replacement at no charge, and were very helpful.

As it happens, DS was standing on the bucket for his Jumbo yesterday and broke it, so we're due to call them again. But, of course we're out of warranty now. Rats.

The phone # for Kettler Parts & Service in the US is 866-804-0440 and you can get an order form and price list at www.kettlerusa.com/page27.html

anamika
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
We bought our Kettler online too b'cos we saved $50 over the B & M store. I regret it so much now. We've had problems with the steering lock. They sent us some replacement parts. Didn't work and the trike just sat unused for a while. But with summer here, we called again (still under warranty)and they said they will send the whole front handlebar set-up but it's not here yet (should have been mailed 2 wks back).
If I had to do it again, I would happily pay extra money to be able to take it back in and get it fixed!
DH dealt with Kettler CS and he said they were very helpful - but the $200 trike still doesn't work!! Arghhh!!
I'm so tempted to buy a cheapo trike so DD can atleast use that this summer.

cheme
05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Yes, definitely call or email! I emailed them a question about a bike I had bought used and they were very helpful. It did take a day or two to get a response, but they were great.