PDA

View Full Version : When to buy an exersaucer?

JoyNChrist
05-17-2007, 12:54 AM
At what age can baby start using an exersaucer?

Thanks!

MarisaSF
05-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I bought one around 5 months. Around 4 months, DD loved and wanted me to hold her and bounce her up and down all the time. It was fun for me, but tiring! We used the exersaucer until she was at least 18 -- maybe 20 months-- a long time! She would go in it and play with toys or eat snacks while I showered if nobody else was around to watch her.

JBaxter
05-17-2007, 07:03 AM
We got ours as a gift but honestly I would start watching yard sales. i have gotten some great stuff. Ours was able to collapse so it was easier to transport I think it was evenflo brand. Nathan had reflux and did much better in an upright positon. i think he was about 4 months old when we started using ours. ( he crawled at 5 1/2 months so it didnt delay his mobility at all)

jhrabosk
05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
We probably started around 5 months-ish. But ITA with the pp...look for a used one. For example, my DD never really took to ours, so it's practically new (not to mention the additional ones that my mother and MIL insisted on buying...)

MommyAllison
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I think the rec. is usually to wait until they are sitting independently. (I think most people use them earlier though.)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

nfowife
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
My DS is almost 4 months and he probably spends about 10 minutes a day in the one we have. I do put a blanket around his middle as the seat is somewhat wider than he is so it gives him more stability.

Tondi G
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Both my boys started using their saucer at 4 months. Maybe even a little earlier with a towel rolled behind them. They both loved it. They both walked early! My oldest DS hated the swing and the bouncy chair.... the saucer was the only apparatus that he enjoyed and it was a lifesaver for me!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05