PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's Room Hometown Heroes Fire station --thoughts?

BeachBum
05-17-2007, 03:59 PM
I found this 30 piece set including the firetruck, firehouse building, firemen, helicopter and misc accessories today at Tuesday morning for $50.

After searching on the board, I am aware that this was discontinued last year. It appears that it is a complete set, so I'm not overly concerned about that. Should I be?

I'm just wondering if it was a toy your child enjoyed and if you think that there are better fire station type toys out there. Do you think $50 is a good price? It seems that the firetruck alone sold for about $25.

My son is turning 2 at the end of the summer and I was going to save it until then. He loves firetrucks.

thanks for your thoughts.

luckymom
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi-

We got this as an xmas present for my son, 2.5 at the time. He really does seem to like it and it gets a lot of use, mostly the firetruck and people, though he uses the station occasionally too. The station is pretty big, if storage is a problem. It's not the worlds best quality, but pretty sturdy for the most part. The truck seems to be esp. sturdy. My son did manage to pull the sliding firestation door off, the support piece was just glued in, we need to reglue it back. There are A LOT of tiny pieces that come with it. I'm pretty lenient with small stuff, but there were a bunch of pieces even I felt I needed to put away. I know the grands got it on clearance at target, so for that price it's worth it, I probably wouldnt pay more than $50 for it.

Hope it helps
Lucy