PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Roundhouse?

kaitlinsmommy
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I got this for ds's 2nd bday today, but once I took it out of the box, I realized I have no idea how to set up his tracks now. We have a figure 8 set & deluxe expansion set. I'm so used to just following the blueprints. Are there blueprints for working with the Roundhouse, or do I just do my best?

Please help. Thanks.

ehmom
05-20-2007, 01:48 PM
you can find set-up downloads at thomasthetankengine.com. i usually just use them as a guideline for inspiration because we don't have all the track that is sometimes required. i've found too that the more i make layouts, the more ideas of my own i can come up with. our local toystore (and toys r us) and bookstore both have train tables set up for the kids. maybe you could go there and take a picture of what they have. hth!
em

August Mom
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I think the key is to not feel obligated to have track connecting to each spot at the roundhouse (unless you have tons of track). I like to take track around the back of the roundhouse so you can go around in a circle but also split off to the roundhouse via switch.

geochick
05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Do you have a turntable? My roundhouse came with a turntable that fits in each of the roundhouse's slots. The turntable is the most fun part.

http://www.allaboardtoys.com/thomas_the_tank_engine_train_and_friends/complete_wooden_collection/wooden_train_track__road_track/round_about_action_turntable.asp