PDA

View Full Version : How long do kids enjoy ride on toys?

BeachBum
05-21-2007, 07:28 AM
My son is 18 months and just loves ride on toys--to use inside and out. We only have cheapie plastic ones that were also walking toys when he was learning to walk and a cozy coupe that I picked up at a garage sale.

I'm wondering how much longer he will enjoy these? Would it be worth it to buy another now?

When did your child stop playing with them?

thanks.

babyready
05-21-2007, 03:22 PM
My dd is 2 1/2 and we're still going strong. Does he prefer pushing or riding? You could maybe switch it up a little and get a cart or stroller or something instead. Unless riding is his favorite part. =)

Tondi G
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
MY 2 year old and all of our neighbors kids still LOVE his Cozy Coupe police car and he just got one of those power wheels Diego ATV/quad things for his 2nd birthday and ALL the kids dig it! My 5 year old snags it and takes it for rides too!

For my kids Ride ons lasted a long time.... as long as they can/could fit! We now have a kettler trike, a cozy coupe, a ride on firetruck, a ride on airplane, a skitter(plasmacar), a 3 wheeled scooter and a 2 wheeled razor scooter! Oh and we have a stroller, a shopping cart and a wagon as well!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

SnuggleBuggles
05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
My ds still rides on his sometimes and he will be 5 soon!

Beth

Karenn
05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
My kids both still love ride on toys. DS is almost 5, DD is 2 1/2. They'll choose a tricycle if one is availiable, but if not, they're happy to scoot their way around the house or driveway.

Jen841
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM
At almost 4 Jude will do the Cozy Coup, his trike, bike with training wheels, Step 2 motorcycle (Evan's really, 19 mo.),... basically anything close by, for a short bit, and when his brother wants it he wants it more : )

Most of our collection, was gifts or from garage sales.

fauve01
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
we gave our ride on toy to my sister when she had her baby, but we shouldn't have. DD is 3.5 and the ride on toys are what she runs for when we get together at parks or playdates. i'm actually thinking of buying another one for her. LOL

anne

bluestar2
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
DC still likes ride on toys at 3 1/2. We have a Cozy Coupe and a train ride on and they play with them just about every day, though not all day like when they were a bit younger.

Marisa6826
05-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Sophie's 4-1/2 and still loves riding stuff. I think she probably will continue until she's too big for them. ;)

-m