PDA

View Full Version : cranium hullabaloo regular or DVD??

cchavez
05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
kind of leaning toward the regular....so that we don't encourage more use of the TV....any thoughts? opinions? Thanks!

mom to little e
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
We just picked this up for a birthday gift and didn't realize there were two kinds. I wish we found the regular kind but for the child it was going to, he probably will like the DVD version best. I did like the idea that at least with the DVD version, the child can play it by him/her self. I don't know if the regular version can be played with just one.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

schums
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
DC LOVE hullabaloo. We have the regular game, which is great for burning off energy. I will say that the "instructions" (right foot on a red pad, etc.) tend to go a bit fast for our preschool set to play alone. I pick up the DVD version when it was on clearance a while ago (I think I paid less than $10), but we haven't played it yet. I'm holding it until we get a rainy spell and can't burn off energy outside.

You definitely won't regret getting the regular version -- every kid I know that has it/played with it loves it.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

Momof3Labs
05-21-2007, 02:46 PM
We have the regular version; I don't really know what is different about the DVD version. Can't go wrong with the regular one - DS1 loves this game!!

belovedgandp
05-21-2007, 03:56 PM
We have the regular version and love it. DS got it for his 3rd b-day and does play it by himself just fine. It can be a little fast, but he'll just skip a step or two and end up fine.

I didn't even know there was a dvd version. I found them on clearance for $9 at Wal-Mart several months ago and about four of them to use as gifts.

SnuggleBuggles
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I have heard that it is all is animals rather than other objects (musical instruments, things like popcorn...). So, if you have an animal lover keep that in mind. That actually sterred me away from it b/c I like the other stuff and think ds does too. BUT, it comes with more pads so more than 6 kids can play which is a big plus for things like parties or taking it into school. I can't remember exactly how many pads it comes with though.

I'd probably get regular unless your little one is wild about animals. I have heard that the Nat'l Geographic clips are good on the DVD.

It is very easy for a kid to play the regular version. Lots of fun!

Beth

squimp
05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
We love the regular version - they didn't have the DVD when I bought it last year. DD will play it outside with her older neighbor kid friends. It's a blast - I love it!

fauve01
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
we LOVE the dvd version. i didn't know there was a non dvd version when i bought it last NOV. DD LOVES this game and plays it by herself (well with her doll). the animals are great.

anne + dd 10-03